Board: Niche Knew
Camber Option: Flat Camber. A complete lack of camber.
Bindings: K2 Lein AT
Stance: 21.5 Wide 18 Negative 15 Goofy
Boots: K2 Thraxis Size 10
My Weight: 177lbs
Resort: Arapahoe Basin
Conditions: Sunny blue skies, a little wind, crisp firm yet fast spring snow.
Flex: A true middle of the road park flex. Softer tips with a bit stiffer mid section and an abundance of torsional give.
Stability: Is it stable on a perfect groomer? Yes. Same thing with the park. But finding yourself stuck going mach 10 through a chunder mogul field trying to avoid families might put the fear of god or at least blowing your knees out in you. This board is lively but not damp by any means, which as you guessed it means you’re going to feel every little bump and transition in the snow.
Ollies: This board has insane pop. I spent the day boosting off rocks, drops, bushes, side hits, rollers, and what was either a weasel or a snow mink. Loading up takes no effort but the snap out of the tips is immense.
Pop On Jumps: It might not be the best for a 60 foot jump of doom, but for small to medium or medium large jumps it will be right at home. The snap out of the tip is great off a lip.
Butterability: The tips are so playful you can just flex and bend into them as you see fit. This board just wants to play around in the snow.
Jibbing: Here’s where this board is the most at home. The tips lock into presses but still give you the snap out of them you want. The middle of the board bends and locks into a slide with ease.
Carving: If you really push it you will flex this board out on a carve and it will wash out. But for doing quick set up turns/carves and the occasional Euro-Carve you’re golden.
Rider in Mind: The guy that’s riding the park like 98% of the time and the other 2% is fucking around getting to the park.
Personal Thoughts: This board is different than last year. It has more play in the tips and more snap. Which is actually great. It’s very lively which makes it fun for dorking around on side hits and what not but still precision focused in the park.
Comparable Boards: Capita The Outsiders, Interior Plain Project Harrow, Endeavor Color
Support your local snowboard shop buy locally. Find a shop here.
This board was loaned to us for review from Niche Snowboards marketing department.