2013 Arbor Draft Used and Reviewed

When you have a soft jib stick in your line there’s not much you can expect from it as it’s obvious it will be a noodle that you can bend in half. It’s been close to two seasons since I rode one of these and in that time supposedly nothing has changed. How I was surprised that this board had just a bit more stiffness so I didn’t fold it in half like a taco.

Board: Arbor Draft

Size: 153

Camber Option: Jib System. Center reverse camber with two extra bumps under foot for grip.

Bindings: Raiden Phantoms

Stance: 22.5 Wide 18 Negative 15 Goofy

Boots: K2 UFO Size 10

My Weight: 165

Resort: Breckenridge

Conditions: Sunny bluebird park laps with just a hint of crispness in the air.

Flex: Jib board perfection. Softer in the tips slightly stiffer under foot but over all still a really soft deck.

Stability: Well in rutted out chunder it’s not stable at all. Actually over all I wouldn’t say it’s super stable for hard charging but rallying around the park it handled its own.

Ollies: There’s enough snap to keep you happy but not enough to make this a boost you to the moon deck.

Pop On Jumps: Just like flatland it’s there but not something to overly concern yourself with. This isn’t a hardcore jump deck.

Butterability: This board with the blunted shape, center reverse camber, and softer jib flex was meant to butter. You can just manipulate this in any way you want to get it to spread some nice unsalted buttery goodness all over the muffin.

Jibbing: The blunt shape and the softer tips really lets you lock in your presses on features. The brass edge is forgiving and doesn’t hang up like a traditional steel edge. The downside is that you do get more burs.

Carving: Griptech works and this board will hold an edge if you’re not aggressive with it. When railing turns be prepared for some wash out due to the soft flexing nature of the board. It’s meant for non aggressive set up turns.

Rider in Mind: Jib kid that will ride the mountain like a skatepark and never really push it to the danger zone.

Personal Thoughts: The last time I rode this board I remembered it being a lot softer than this one was, that’s not to say that this board wasn’t soft and forgiving. I’ve been sold on The System tech from Arbor for a few years now and this board is further proof that it works. Some people gripe about extra contact points under foot not working or that it’s bullshit. It works and it’s not like MTX where you’re locked in. For playing around in the park doing side hits, jibbing, ollieing off rails or onto the ends of them it does the trick.

Support your local snowboard shop buy locally. Find a shop here.

1. David Z says:

big fan of Arbor’s grip tech puts the contact points right where I feel they need to be for the best of both worlds.

2. tim says:

Can not recommend this board enough for jibbing

3. ThommyDawson says:

Yes plz. Am I right in thinking this is the Erik Leon color way?
    One thing I noticed going from a coda down to the 11/12 draft (apart from the obvious) is that the drafts actually have a longer effective edge due to the blunted tips and I found despite the difference in flex it actually rides longer. I was gonna go for the 150 down from 153 because of that.
    Are the specs generally the same in terms of effective edge?

4. alex says:

what size would you recomend for me if im 6’3 190 lbs boot 11

5. derek says:

hi angry snowboarder i currently have a 2012 149 flow era. i just want a board for 70% park and 30% groomers. i find the era a little stiff, but the biggest jumps we have in michigan is about 40 footers with small takeoffs. i see a lot of people with this in the park and i love rails and boxes and buttering, but also small to medium jumps. would the draft, the artifact rocker or the westmark be the best? thanks for your help.

6. derek says:

or a ride kink?

7. Well if jumping more Westmark otherwise Draft should fit the bill.

8. Josh says:

Hi Angry snowboarder, what would you recommend the smallest size for myself at about 5′ 9” 165?

9. Josh says:

Oh and a size 10 boot

10. You can go as small as you want, personally I wouldn’t go below the 53.

11. Vincenzo says:

I ride the 2012 Draft 150. I’m 125 and 5/10. The draft is literally perfect for me. I spend more than 75% of my time in the parks (Seven Springs) and the rest of my time on straight mountain. The draft is above all others in the park aspects. Soft as a wet noodle, and still has a surprising amount of pop. I can probably get 1-1 1/2 ft Ollie’s on the thing. It’s a sick board. I ride on the jumps as well. It holds up amazing. Very surprising at how well it handles and performs on the jumps. I easily clear the 25ft and 30ft jumps we have at seven springs. I can’t remember the last time I cased a jump on it. With the jibbing performance and jumping performance on top of that, it’s the perfect board. I can’t reiterate how much I enjoy riding this deck. The performance on the rest of the mountain is actually very nice. It is very stable, nice and soft for those pow days, and can handle very high speeds. I’ve gone at least 40-50mph on the thing and didnt feel a single sketchy vibration. Overall the draft is just an amazing board. If you have the chance, get it. Don’t even hesitate to pick one up. The only thing I will say is that the 2014 graphics kinda suck. But the new Nick Visconti edition with the sick wood grain (which is real might I add) and the wooden side walls is pretty dank. GET A DRAFT.